Unveiled for the first time at the Stagecoach Country Music Festival, California, one can clearly see that the New 2014 4Runner only gets more rugged. The mid-size SUV, is now well into its fifth-generation, is one of the few competent vehicles with go-anywhere capability. Choose from three grades – a Trail grade, for best off-road performance, SR5 that is well equipped and the top of the line Limited model. You will find a color-keyed grille insert in the Trail grades and front bumper that are covered by fog lamps. Pick from a wider color palette now for the exterior colors – Nautical Blue, Attitude Black, Super White, Barcelona Red, Classic Silver, Blizzard Pearl, Magnetic Gray in Metallic shades along with Super White and Black.
Toyota has managed to secure the top position in terms of best automobile company in the world and therefore the company is now focused on how they can enter the Indian sedan market with something that is very affordable and will offer better options to buyers. Toyota Etios was first displayed at the Auto Expo 2010 in both sedan and hatchback models and it instantly created lot of buzz in the Indian market where buyers were eager to drive it. Let’s take a quick look at some of the top features of the vehicle in the Toyota Etios review below.
- On the outside, the car definitely looks very sharp and compact and Toyota designers have made it good look when buyers take a quick look at it. The front fascia of the vehicle resembles with the human face which actually brings the human touch to the vehicle.
- The upper grille has this chrome finish while the lower grille is wider and black in color offering that sporty look to the vehicle. The headlamps are nicely carved into the design and it offers better light ahead on the road. The fog lights are at the corner of the lower grille and they have pearly finish to it.
- The rear end of the Toyota Etios is also something that is very different from most sedans in the Indian market. The tail light is triangular in shape. The cargo space is wider and better than other sedans in the same class.
- Under the hood, Toyota Etios is powered by 2NR-FE four cylinder 16V DOHC 1.5 liter petrol engine that has the capability to produce 90 PS of power and 132 Nm of torque. The car engine is combined with five speed manual transmission that offers better performance to the vehicle. The petrol powered Toyota Etios offers mileage of 17.6 kmpl which is definitely among the best fuel efficient vehicles in the market. The petrol version of the vehicle offers 100 kmph acceleration in just 12.5 seconds.
- On the other hand, the car is also available in diesel version where the car gets diesel powered four cylinder 8V SOHC engine that has the capability to produce 68 PS and 170 Nm of torque. The diesel engine Toyota Etios is a better option if buyers are looking for fuel economy because it delivers 20 kmpl mileage. The diesel version Toyota Etios delivers 100 kmph acceleration in 19 seconds.
- Toyota has definitely taken into consideration the tough Indian road conditions and therefore it offers better road safety options. The car gets two airbags to save the driver and front passenger in case of frontal collision.
- The overall structure of the vehicle has impact absorbing body structure that makes it better for the drivers and front passenger to save themselves in case of crash. The vehicle also gets antilock disc brakes and traction control that offers extra safety options to the buyer.
- Toyota designers have decided to make the interiors of the vehicle look good and therefore they have offered a dual color interior that is very eye appealing. However, the dashboard is very conventional and the instrument panel sits in the middle. There is enough storage space in the dashboard.
- The audio system right in the center makes it easier for the front passenger to handle most of the operations and so it does for the driver as well. The three spoke multifunctional steering wheel is nice to feel and responsive. The seats are wide and comfortable. There is enough space in the cabin offering more leg space and head room to the passengers.
- Toyota Etios is available in the Indian market for Rs.5,40,000 and above.
This one is nothing like its predecessor as considerable changes have been made on the inside as well as outside of the car. These changes that are incorporated in the 2013 Toyota Auris hybrid is definitely one-up for creating an impressive first impression on the people. This upcoming vehicle is all that one needs and expects from a car of this particular size and caliber. It is all set to hit the markets in December and by the looks it certainly is quite contemporary. Toyota being a trusted name when it comes to cars seems to have lived up to its name.
Many of the automobile companies including Toyota are working on better environmental projects that can help them to make this world a better place. Now, Toyota and Wyland Foundation has announced that they have teamed up together to make environment better and for that they have selected the winners for the 2012 Earth Month Heroes. The company said that this program was created by different organizations in Southern California to recognize and appreciate 30 different individuals or citizens that have come up with an interesting way to make this world a better place.
The company announced that they along with Wyland Foundation and local broadcast partner KCBS/KCAL will make donations worth $250 to various individuals and organizations that have worked hard to come up with interesting ideas that can preserve the environment in simple and better ways. Toyota said that they have received so many nominations that it was hard to select the top 30 citizens but they have finally decided that the winner for 2012 Earth Month Heroes is Dency Nelson. He was chosen as a winner for his lifetime efforts to make urban environment better and since he is also a founding member of Plug In America that promotes emission free driving.
There are many people that believe that cars have lost their importance today because almost everybody has a car, but a single new car means a lot to nonprofit firms that need some kind of vehicle that they can put to good use. This is exactly why Toyota has been working to provide 100 Cars to 100 Non profit companies that need better cars for their cause. Toyota believes that they can do lot of good if they can provide more cars to nonprofit companies and organizations and therefore they have come up with their campaign called 100 Cars for Good.
This is the second year that Toyota has come up with such campaign and the winners for this campaign will be selected directly through Facebook voting. Hence, companies that are trying to win the car will have to fill in the application forms and enter the campaign. They will have to enter and read the rules for the campaign and also upload a short video where they can explain why they need a brand new car and how they will make use of that vehicle if they win it. There will be public voting for all the applications and organizations with more votings will win the cars.
Toyota believes that this is one way that they can help the society and the community because every single car that they give away to these nonprofit organizations will be put to use in better way which will help the community.
Immense popularity and surprising sales value of Corolla has induced Toyota to add a second shift for its production and it has been recently announced by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi. Vice President of Administration at TMMMS David Copenhaver said, “Adding a second shift is a significant milestone for us. Our team members’ strong work ethic and focus on quality and safety has begun to pay dividends for Corolla customers across North America as we continue production ramp up through spring.”
Why Toyota Added a Production Shift?
All over the world Toyota Corolla is best selling car and work force of almost 2000 are currently working at this plant. Toyota has devised its new strategic plan of added production in order to cater the growing demand of customers. Toyota’s plant in Mississippi is among 14 plants which are situated in North America.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi
This plant is important from many perspectives because it improves the efforts of Corolla so that it could build, design and develop vehicles more efficiently and enhance the process of sales.
Toyota has invested US$800 million on this plant.
Annual production capacity of this plant is 150,000 units of Corolla.